The Retail Associate is a part or full-time position in which the individual provides quality customer service on behalf of Salmon’s Meat Products. A successful individual in this position would be one who is a friendly, self-motivated, has a strong attention to detail and the ability to be flexible with many interruptions throughout the day.
- Exude a friendly, customer focused attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Active listening skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and well with a small team
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to change or requests
- Awareness of your work environment to ensure safe work practices
- Able to properly count and make change
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Prolonged periods of standing, bending and walking
- Ability to operate a slicer, cash register, scale
Supervised by the Retail Manager. Works closely and maintains communication with the office and production teams.
- Prep meat for cooler and freezer items (slicing, packaging, rotating, etc.)
- Present food in an appetizing and clean manner
- Present self in a professional and clean fashion
- Organize and keep the front cooler of the retail area stocked
- Assist customers to complete their order requests and find what they need
- Answer phones to answer customer questions or take orders
- Complete orders timely, efficiently and accurately
- Participate with farmers market, special events, parades, etc.
- Utilize the scale to accurately weigh product to the customer’s request
- Utilize the cash register to properly ring up orders and make correct change
- Provide samples for customers to enjoy (cutting up, prepping and cleaning up)
- Assist in processing online orders
- Clean and sanitize counters, coolers, freezer, floors, windows, etc.
- Responsible to lock and unlock the retail entry doors and close out the register
- Secondary responsibilities can include: cutting steaks, assisting in packaging of product in production
Perform other related duties as assigned
Retail hours are 9:00am-5:00pm Monday through Friday and 8:00am-12:00pm on Saturday. Retail Associates are asked for the ability to work within these hours, help prep before and clean after retail hours, along with some holidays. The part-time role would entail 20 hours. A full-time role would consist of around 40 hours and entail work responsibilities in both retail and production.Apply Today