The Production Associate is a full-time position with Salmon’s Meat Products. A successful individual in this position would be one who is able to follow orders accurately, efficiently, is self-motivated and has the ability to be flexible with interruptions throughout the day.
- Exude a team mentality and helpful attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Active listening skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and well with a small team
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to change of orders
- Awareness of your work environment to ensure safe work practices
- Present self in a professional and clean fashion
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Prolonged periods of standing, bending and walking
- Ability to operate a scale and printer
Supervised by the production manager and shipping coordinator. Works closely and maintains communication with all other Salmon’s Meat Product employees.
- Retrieve and deliver meat to proper area: smoker, cooler, freezer, retail, etc.
- Ensure appropriate storage of products are at optimum conditions
- Operate food processing equipment
- Package food in an appetizing and clean manner
- Complete orders timely, efficiently, and accurately
- Utilize the scale to accurately weigh product
- Input store number to generate proper pricing of product
- Ensure products are prepared by following cleanliness and hygiene standards
- Label meat products accurately and appropriately
- Monitor the quality and quantity of meat products
- Clean and sanitize tables, trays, counters, coolers, freezer, floors, etc.
- In some cases, serve as a backup to retail store and/or farmers market
- Perform other related duties as assigned
A production associate is a full-time position assigned 40-50 hours per week. Production hours are Monday through Friday.