Summary: The Retail Manager is a full-time position in which the individual provides quality customer service on behalf of Salmon’s Meat Products. A successful individual in this position would be one who is a friendly, a hands-on manager, the ability to be flexible with many interruptions throughout the day to oversee the daily operations of the retail store. Qualifications:
- Exude a friendly, customer first focused attitude
- Strong managerial, organization and leadership attributes to coordinate the efforts of a small team
- Robust attention to detail, active listening skills, ability to multi-task and adapt to change of requests
- Awareness of your work environment to ensure safe work practices
- Properly count and make change to provide oversight and organization of the register
- High school diploma or equivalent required with 1-2 years of management and/or retail experience
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Prolonged periods of standing, bending and walking
- Ability to operate a slicer, cash register, point of sale system and scale
Work Relationships: Supervised by the General Manager. Works closely and maintains communication with the office and production teams. Responsibilities:
- Prepare, organize, and continue to stock product for cooler and freezer (slicing, packaging, rotating, etc.)
- Present food in an appetizing and clean manner
- Present self and ensure team members are presenting themselves in a professional and clean fashion
- Ensure team members are providing a strong first impression, customer focused, caring attitude
- Provide initial and continued training as well as determine schedule for team members
- Answer phones to then provide order oversight and fulfilment from the retail area
- Oversee venison orders: take orders, call customers, locate product and bring out to the customer
- Assist customers to complete their order requests and find what they need
- Complete orders timely, efficiently, accurately and handle any complaints in a professional manner
- Utilize the scale to accurately weigh product to the customer’s request
- Manage the cash register and point of sale system to ensure the team is properly ringing up orders
- Provide samples for customers to enjoy (cut, prepare and clean up)
- In the future, oversee processing online orders
- Organize and manage farmers market attendance, special events, parades, etc.
- Oversee set up and take down procedures: clean and sanitize counters, coolers, freezer, floors, windows, etc.
- Responsible to lock and unlock the retail entry doors and close out the register
Perform other related duties as assigned Work Schedule: Currently, Salmon’s Meat Product needs one full-time employee to cover weekly retail hours Monday thru Friday with occasional Saturdays. Additional time outside the retail hours will be needed to prep and clean the retail area, totalling 40-45 hours per week. Ability and willingness to work weekends, holidays, and special events.
Send filled out applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.